A sloppy joe is an American dish of ground beef, onions, sweetened tomato sauce or ketchup and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun.
In my opinion, they are best served with a side of macaroni and cheese and french fries!
- 2 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can(s) (6-ounce) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 80 mls ketchup
- 60 mls Worcestershire sauce
- Brown meat in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove meat and set aside, then drain all but 1 tablespoon fat. Add onion and garlic to skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until onion is soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, 2 more minutes. Stir in chili powder and salt and cook 1 more minute.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and reserved meat. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let simmer 25 minutes.