Followers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Life changes...again

Well, it's finally here, despite my best efforts to avert it...moving day for BigSis :-(  Tomorrow morning I will jump (ok, maybe more like crawl) out of bed at o'dark thirty...drive the 20 or so miles to BigSis' apartment....she will then take me to the Budget Truck Rental store where I will dish out big bucks to rent a truck for a move I don't even want to happen...I'm not very smart!

As the friendly weather man is calling for rain and thunderstorms tomorrow...seems kind of fitting for my state of mind....it should be a beautiful drive of approximately 5 or 5 1/2 hours.  Upon arrival in Virginia, I will then be required to haul my tired, old, fat ass out of the truck and proceed to unload it....oh, the joys of parenthood :-)  I haven't asked but I'm certain there will be something like four flights of stairs involved!

I'll attempt to get BigSis all set up and organized and then I'll jump back into the truck Thursday morning for another rain filled drive home...all alone...without my first born.

Despite the fact that I'll miss her terribly and I'm not convinced (nor do I need to be) that this is the best move for her, I hope with all my heart that it's everything she is hoping it to be.

I have always prided myself on my adaptability to change and my ability to transition to new situations...but I absolutely do not like my girls being adults!!!  Oh well, maybe it's time to start checking into rest homes :-)

I hope everyone is doing well and I wish everyone a great Easter holiday.

20 comments:

BB said...

Sorry it's not what you really want but I'm sure Big Sis is very excited. Pretend to smile. Then when you are driving home you can cry to your hearts content. You're not old. Just in a funk is all. It will pass when the weather warms up. Glad you are doing ok otherwise.

Teresa said...

plus (continuing barb's train of thought), it gives you infinite more opportunities for road trips to go check and see how big sis is doing.

it's such a big step. i hated it when amy left for the navy. it was awful. i thought i'd never get over it.

Lazarus said...

Life is about change, there will be something good in this no matter what. Keep your chin up!

Lyndylou said...

I agree with everything that has been said so far but it does actually suck....a lot!!! I would feel exactly the same as you but often something you dread doesn't actually turn out to be as bad as you think.

Change is a good as a rest (so the saying goes), who knows you might love the fact that you can have longer visits with more quality time with big sis. (((hugs)))

Rebecca said...

aw hugs

not displayed said...

Like Becca, I am offering big hugs. At least you can talk often and visit too. Modern technology makes it easier

caterpillar said...

Well...like Mynx said, modern technology will make it easier. And you can drive over any time you want to right? Cheer up, Dad...it'll all be fine.

Unknown said...

The farthest away of my 3 girls is a little over 3 hours which isn't so bad but it is tough thinking about a 7 hour round trip. I feel your pain.

Starlight said...

Hey Chief, sorry for being so absent lately - I had a very painful ear infection and wasn't able to read or comment blogs. But I'm back now :)

I remember when you first shared with us that BigSis is moving to Virginia and it seems so long ago. I'm sure you'll hear from here very often and you can also visit her.

Unknown said...

Just wait until your grandchildren leave home.

I have a grandson going to Germany (Army) and a granddaughter in Hawaii (Air Force).

Think I'll visit the one in Hawaii....lol

But, I do want you to know that I marvel at your special relationship with your girls.
kt

Bubbles said...

Its probably hard on her too but she's glad you're by here side encouraging her even though you'd rather not see her go. It just means you'll get to meet up with your girls and shop more as well as enjoy those delicious pancakes.

Anonymous said...

Well being in her posistion myself, I would have to say she's probably just as worried/sad as you are, but moving away from home is something everyone must do or at least this is what my older sis keeps telling me. She is in the midst of finding a job in another state so she can move and be closer to her friends. I hope you got through this without too many muscles aching and tears :D

On My Soapbox said...

Hope the move went well! You are such a nice Dad to help with moving. :-) Moving is horrible under the best of conditions. It's very nice of you to be supportive.

PencilGirl said...

Hey.. I have an award for you.. Pick it up when you have the time.. :) :)

Unknown said...

I AM PUTTING THIS MESSAGE ON EVERYONE'S COMMNT PAGE:

I pride myself on trying to visit everyone I follow as often as possible. I enjoy all of you so much and have deliberately surrounded myself with the type of up-beat, happy bloggers as possible.

However, recently I have taken in my 32 year old granddaughter and her two children. It has been such a monumental change for me I am finding it hard to keep up my blogging, and my visiting.

I hate to admit it but there have been some difficulties with adjustments (on both sides) and I find that I just don't have the time to do the things I want to do. I also seem to be letting it get me down.

Just give me some time and I will be back on my game soon....I'm sure......kt

Lyndylou said...

Just popped in to say Hi :) Hope you are ok, miss your posts and you know that sunny (ha ha) Scotland is always here if you wanna visit.

Lyndylou said...

Hi, just came over from Jumble Mash's page and I wish to congratulate you on the news that you are gonna be a Granddaddy!!! Just think you can put your carpentry skills to work and make a beautiful crib. (((hugs)))

Unknown said...

OK...CHIEF! It's been long enough!

Get back to blogging. I miss you...........kt

not displayed said...

Missing you here even though we still connect over the wwf board.

Moved my blog and thought I should tell you

My New Blog – “Lizard Happy”

busana muslim said...

Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post