On top of everything else, time keeps slipping by and I'm now only 10 days from being 50 years old!!! Jumble Mash has been bugging me to death all week..."Dad, what do you want for your birthday?"...I told her I wanted to be 25 :-)
In case you missed Old Age and Wisdom, Part 1, this is an attempt to demonstrate (primarily to myself) that I have actually learned a few things in 50 years. I'm not saying these things add up to wisdom but maybe they do :-)
11. This one was drummed into my head (most often via my butt) by my mother..."You can think whatever you want but be careful what comes out of your mouth"
12. Honor is still important.
13. Smells trigger great memories...every time I smell bread baking, I'm immediately transported back in time to my Grandma's house...mmmmmm good.
14. Aliens may have decided we're so screwed up that there's no reason to land here!
15. Integrity is doing what's right, even when no one is looking
16. The distance to the closest bathroom is directly proportionate to how bad you have to go
17. If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't have the right to laugh at anyone else
18. Tomato juice was just a bad idea from the start
19. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD
20. The older I get, the more I realize how little I know