I'm not sure what I expect 50 to feel like but I was kind of under the impression that old age and wisdom went together. I certainly feel the old...I have aches and pains in places I didn't even know I had 5 years ago but I'm not so sure about the wisdom.
In an attempt to convince myself that I have learned something through my bazillion and a half mistakes...some of them repeats...over the next week or two I'll going to post 50 things I've learned in 50 years....y'all can be the judge of whether or not they add up to wisdom :-)
1. Peanut butter combined with just about anything...jelly, pickles, bananas, marshmallow cream, potato chips...makes a pretty good sandwich.
2. Coca Cola truly is the nectar of the gods.
3. Giving people an ultimatum rarely provides the results you intended.
4. Ignorant people shouldn't breed....we already have plenty of ignorant people.
5. Being a parent is the best but hardest job you'll ever have.
6. Zip carefully...skin caught between metal teeth is not only embarrassing but extremely painful.
8. A stuffed green pepper will not flush...don't ask.
9. As soon as you think you know the answer, someone will change the question.
10. Being married is better, being single is easier.
...to be continued